How It All Works
Latitude South is a bespoke travel company that specializes in high-touch, totally authentic trips to New Zealand and Australia with stopover content in the Fiji and Cook Islands upon request. Our trips call on decades of experience and knowledge of our destination countries and our trip planning expertise comes in to its own where immersive, hyper-localized and highly personalized arrangements are expected.
You’ll experience an artful blend of luxury, authenticity and active pursuits in your destination of choice whether you select Latitude South’s Australia, New Zealand or both of these amazing countries for your journey. You can have confidence in our company delivering truly the best in totally engaging and genuine travel experiences. We have been actively involved in the South Pacific tourism industry for over a decade and we proudly stake our name on absolute quality and accountability.
Our company specializes in complete trip customization, management and coordination according to your unique expectations and goals for your vacation and following your initial enquiry, the planning process begins with a collaborative consultation with either Karen Pettit or Sandra Unwin – sisters and the co-owners of Latitude South. During this conversation, we will discuss your dreams, requirements and expectations for your trip with you in detail. Following this discussion, your preliminary Latitude South proposal is completed and sent to you via email. Once you are happy with your suggested itinerary, all arrangements are confirmed. This is when your vacation starts feeling real and it’s time to get excited!
Latitude South’s services include the following benefits; many of which are unique to our company:
- A personal trip designer who works with you on your trip from initial enquiry to post trip follow-up, so we are with you from ‘go to whoa’
- All accommodation as personally inspected and hand-picked by company ownership
- An extraordinary blend of small group and private touring that’s totally unique to Latitude South
- Highly personalized experiences in the local communities you visit including private, local guides, the opportunity of dinners with local families, private in-room chefs for special occasions such as birthday and anniversaries and especially designed activities made exclusively for you
- Latitude South Walks Collection of structured hikes tailored completely to your fitness level
- Late model rental vehicles for independent travelers and luxury private transportation for private touring clients
- Guaranteed 24-hour roadside assistance for independent travelers with rental vehicles
- Goods and services tax – no surprise ‘taxes & fees’ add-ons!
- Comprehensive Latitude South concierge and travel assistance program
- 24 hour on the ground assistance whilst in your destination of choice
- Airfares; for your convenience, we work with both Air New Zealand and Qantas Airways